WHAT: Ghostbusters: Spirits Unleashed, a 4v1 hunt or haunt action-packed video game from the asymmetrical multiplayer experts at IllFonic, is releasing the first DLC on January 31, 2023. This packed DLC is FREE with the purchase of the original game available on PC/Epic Games Store, PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, Xbox Series X|S, and Xbox One for $39.99.
- The Facility, New Map. The Facility closed for good in the late 1980s and has been recently purchased by a private investor group, who have plans to renovate and reopen the facility. Unfortunately for them, it’s being plagued by ghostly activity, and construction crews refuse to enter this haunted health center. Design Director, Jordan Mathewson shares what makes playing this map unique, “This job location [map] is clearly worn by time which gives players a unique feeling compared to our previous job locations [maps]. Construction workers are civilians and have begun a restoration of this facility that has uncovered why it was abandoned in the first place. Varied corridors combined with medium-sized rooms are built stacked up to provide a unique, more intimate gameplay experience with a creepier aesthetic. There will be some interesting ways to utilize these new areas in this map to each player’s, Ghostbuster or Ghost, advantage.”
- New Ghost Type – Glutton which includes Muncher plus two additional variants. Immediately recognizable, Muncher, is a fan-favorite and the most requested Ghost IllFonic has received. If you are a haunting enthusiast, then you will not be disappointed to get your hands on this mischievous Ghost Type in game.
- Firehouse Additions. Players will see new character customization options, gear like the Belt Gizmo and Disruptor Pylon, along with improvements to gear attachments, and more.
- Game Play. The team has been hard at work making improvements to game matchmaking. All bots in the game have also been improved, those haunting you and those helping you bust ghosts.
Remember, IllFonic plans to release similar DLC Drops each quarter of 2023 for free, in addition to the continued Quality of Life patches supporting Ghostbusters: Spirits Unleashed.
WHO : Want to interview the people who helped make it happen:
- Charles Brungardt, IllFonic CEO & Co-Founder
- Jared Gerritzen, IllFonic Chief Creative Officer
- Joshua Gertz, IllFonic Vice President of Production
- Sophia Leader, IllFonic Audio Lead
WHEN : Tuesday, January 31, 2023, EMBARGO lifts at 8 a.m. PT.
WHERE : Assets can be found here: DLC #1 Launch for Media; Expires 2/10/2023; Password: GBSU_DLC#1
Ghostbusters: Spirits Unleashed can be purchased at:
This game has full crossplay support.
For more information please visit www.GhostbustersSU.com and
To schedule an interview with the team or for PR assets please contact:
Stride PR for IllFonic
Additional Game Information:
In Ghostbusters: Spirits Unleashed, Ray and Winston open the Firehouse to you and the next generation of Ghostbusters. This asymmetrical game of hide and seek, is a 4v1 setup where players will either play as part of a team of new Ghostbusters or a singular Ghost. This title not only allows players to enjoy the game solo or with up to four friends, but will also have an online and offline single-player mode available in the form of AI assisted play. Most importantly the more you play a story will unravel (with cutscenes.) Whether hunting or haunting, the game is easy to learn and fun to master!
Ghostbusters: Spirits Unleashed has all the iconic gear and gadgets, from Proton Packs to PKE Meters and Ghost Traps, that fans would expect and new gamers to the universe will enjoy when playing as a Ghostbuster. In addition, many will recognize the Firehouse and Ray’s Occult Books that act as the game’s hub. This is where players will choose missions, customize their characters, practice firing their particle throwers, and explore all there is to learn. And yes, you will hear the original film actors reprising their roles as Ray Stantz and Winston Zeddemore, along with some new friends!
Game Details –
- As a Ghostbuster – Be one of the four proton pack wielding Ghostbusters and attempt to catch a Ghost haunting unique locations with your trusty ghost trap and tools. Use the P.K.E. Meter to sniff out rifts that act as the Ghost’s spawn points and destroy them with your Proton Pack’s particle thrower before the Ghost completes their haunt. As players progress, they will unlock cosmetics and upgrades for both Ghostbusters and Ghosts to evolve their gameplay experiences. The look and feel will deliver to fans an immersive experience in the universe, allowing them to play out their Ghostbusting fantasies.
- As the Ghost – Ghosts have multiple abilities in their arsenal, like possessing objects, of course sliming, and more, that make haunting all the various locations a blast to play. Choose from up to five Ghosts with unique skills, ultimate abilities, and commendable minions fueled by ectoplasm. Fly around public locations and possess an inordinate amount of inanimate objects to evade pursuing Ghostbusters. Frighten citizens until they flee in fear, prank unsuspecting Ghostbusters, and hide your rifts to spawn safely in case you get trapped.
- Locations – Explore multiple unique locations including, a museum, winter lodge, docked ship, multi-leveled prison, and an active brewery. Complete challenges, customize your Ghostbuster and Ghosts, and locate hidden spores, mold, and fungus to gain access to more unlockables.
- Game Tip – As you play more, a story arc unveils itself. Follow the requests of Ray Stantz and Winston Zeddemore to uncover cutscenes that build to an exciting conclusion! Yes, it’s multiplayer with more…