Wednesday is the arrival of the third round in Social Security checks. Includes January 2023 Social Security checkCOLA. Expect a significant increase to your benefit amounts as benefits were increased by 8.7% in this year’s effort to combat persistent inflation. It is the largest increase for nearly 40 years.
Do not panic if your Social Security check hasn’t arrived yet. She is on her way.
Learn more about when your Social Security payments are due and how to set your payment dates.
Did you just begin receiving Social Security? LearnHow to pause it .
When will my January Social Security Check arrive?
Checks for January will include the 2023 COLA increase. Here’s to you January schedule(PDF). To find out when your Social Security check should be taken and/or SSI cash, go to:
- December 30thSSI payments in January
- Jan 3,Social security payments for those who have received Social Security and SSI since before May 1997.
- January. 11Social security payments are available to those whose birthday falls between 1 and 10 in any given month.
- January. 18Social security payments are available to those whose birthday falls between the eleventh or twentieth of any month.
- January. 25Social security payments for people whose birthday falls between the 21st or 31st of any month.
How are Social Security payments dates determined?
The Social Security Administration usually sends out payments on the third, fourth, and fifth Wednesdays of each month. Your date of birth determines the day you receive your check.
- If your birthday falls between the 1st and 10th of each month, your payment is sent on the 2nd Wednesday of the month.
- If your birthday falls on the 11th or 20th of the month your payment will be sent on Wednesday of that month.
- If your birthday falls between 21 and 31 of the months, your payment will go out on the fourth Wednesday.
Payments to SSI recipients are generally made on the first day of each month.
Read Continue reading:
What if I get both Social Security and SSI at the same time?
The payment schedule is different for those who received Social Security benefits after May 1997, and those who received both Social Security Entrance or Social Security. Instead of receiving your Social Security payment on a Wednesday (which is what it used to be), you will now receive your SSI payment on the third of every month.
These payment dates may change if the third or first day of the month falls on the weekend or holiday. January 1 falls this year on a Sunday, so SSI beneficiaries received their January payment by December 30, and their Social Security payments on Tuesday, January 3. This calendar configuration means that SSI beneficiaries will not receive SSI verification in January.
What happens if I don’t receive the check by the due date?
If your check does NOT arrive by the above date based upon your birthdate or other circumstances, Social Security Administration recommends that you wait for three more postal days before calling.
If you have not received it yet, please call 800-772-1213 for assistance. (the SSA NotesWait times are shorter on Wednesday and Friday, and between 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. on weekday evenings.
You can also access files Your Social Security benefits online.
This article is updated every month as payment dates change.
[Denial of responsibility! reporterbyte.com is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – reporterbyte.com The content will be deleted within 24 hours.]