TechCrunch delivers a roundup on TechCrunch’s biggest and most important stories to your inbox every morning at 3pm PT. Subscribe here.
Today, we celebrate a little bit of oversight in an industry that has been allowed too long to prey on the less fortunate. DevinThat is what I said The FCC is taking a more assertive role in overseeing the prison phone systemIt is a simple bill that gives the regulator the power “to ensure fair and reasonable fees to telephony services and advanced communications services in prisons or detention facilities.”
The Daily Crunch will be back next Wednesday in slightly reduced form due to Christine Wahage’s absence for the holidays. We will soon have the full newsletter back. We wish you a very Merry Christmas, no matter what religion, and a peaceful holiday, and a prosperous 2023. Much love. ChristineThen there’s the Pilgrim
Techcrunch Top 4
- Meta settlesMeta has settled a $725m class action lawsuit against Cambridge Analytica over the collection of data from Facebook users. peeHe has more.
- Breathe in this fresh airElectrolux led a $10 million round to fund Mila, the smart purifier maker that started out on Kickstarter. This gives it a $52million valuation and support to add some smarts for a new product – a humidifier. Pilgrim Writes.
- charge it: #Tesla appears to be winning in an area that Apple couldn’t. The automaker unveiled a $300 charging mat, which can charge three devices simultaneously. not shiny reports.
- Results in: Dominic MadureHe surveyed three black investors to find out what they were planning for in 2023. Read the full version at TechCrunch+.
Shipping holiday gifts is easier this year, though technology is still behind
Flexport CEO Ryan Petersen stated that global supply lines are in better shape now than they were last year. However, this doesn’t bode well to the future.
“Improvements in freight this year largely reflect a decline in consumption rather than any improvement in basic infrastructure,” he says, noting that labor shortages, global instability and high fuel prices have created persistent bottlenecks.
“Fortunately, the data available today is rich beyond measure, and we also have the tools to leverage it in ways that can boost efficiency.”
Three more from TC+:
We had fun IngridA detailed look at how to decentralize social media players Mastodon is scaledTwitter users are open to other ways to express themselves. TechCrunch+ subscribers—if you’re not one, you easily could be—can read it, too Q&A with Mastodon creator Eugene Roshko.
If you’re a LastPass User like many of our TechCrunch readers, you might want check your email to make sure you don’t forget. LastPass says hackers stole some customers’ password vaults. dreamcatcherHe suggests that it is time to change passwords.
We also have four more options for you:
- Can fair elections be held in a land of social media and technology?: that IHe writes that “failed content moderation” in last year’s Kenyan elections left other countries wondering what social media companies such as Facebook, Twitter, or TikTok will do. To support the integrity of elections in AfricaThey also hold elections.
- Are you persistent or do you annoyance?Jack Sweeney, the creator of @ElonJet has a new Twitter handle. He is still following Elon Musk’s jet, But now it’s lateWriters Cosmic. In the meantime, if your Twitter Blue is you, 60-minute videos can now be uploadedThen there’s the Ivan reports. I doubt any of us will watch it for long enough, so good luck with your new views.
- Separated: Indian e-commerce giant Flipkart no longer owns a stake in PhonePeThen there’s the Manly… masculine Writes.
- This action made Tesla investors shake their heads: Tesla’s $7,500 Discount Feels Desperate and ‘Gives Investors Dirt’,Writers RebeccaThe automaker was forced to lower its price target.
[Denial of responsibility! reporterbyte.com is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – reporterbyte.com The content will be deleted within 24 hours.]